South Indian Movies You Won’t Believe Are Based On True Story: Killing Veerappan
Killing veerappan is a south indian documentary drama film written by K. Balaji and directed by Ram Gopal Varma. This film is the exact portrayal of open cocoon operation to catch or kill veerappan. Ram gopalvarma is really famous for making this style of films that are controversial in real life. This is one of those south indian movies that you won’t believe are based on true stories and best tollywood movies out there on aha!
Cast and Crew:
Actor: Shiva Rajkumar
Other actors: Rahaao, Sandeep Bharadwaj, Yagna Shetty, Sanchari Vijay, Parul Yadav
Director: Ram Gopal Varma
Based: Operation Cocoon
Producer: B. V. Manjunath, B. S. Sudhindra, E. Shivaprakash
Written by: K. Balaji
Music: Ravi Shankar
Editing: Anwar Ali
Story By: Ram Gopal Varma
Screenplay: Ram Gopal Varma, K. Balaji
Production House: ZED3 Pictures
Distributed by: G. R. Pictures
Runtime: 151 minutes
Release date: 1 January 2016
Genre: Documentary, Drama
Box Office: est. ₹50 crore
Killing veerappan is a story of how government officials and police all together started a secret operation called open cocoon to capture or kill Veerappan. Veerappan is a forest brigand and a famous bandit out there in the southern part of indian. He was never caught to police as his whereabouts are totally unknown. His power over tribals and forest officials crosses the power of the outer government. So the government hires a professional strategist to create a proper plan to catch veerappan and he comes up with an operation called operation cocoon. The plan involves sending spies and trackers into the forest to join in veerappan forces and catch him with the information they procure from them. The network of spies and trackers the officials sent there is so advanced and professionals that they get the information about veerappan’s precisely and send that to the government. What the government does when they get to know about the location of veerappan and how artistic the film was made will just make you forget it’s a true story that happened there.
- The research team has done an excellent job to gain knowledge about Veerappan life and his history.
- Screenplay of the movie was very typical’ it would have been better but being a documentary movie, it was absolutely valid.
- Cinematography of the movie was awesome! It was like the audience was living the moment inside the screen.
- Ravi Shankar’s music is great add in to the movie in the wise of BGM and they are stuck with the mood.
Reasons to watch:
- To know the lifestyle and history of Veerappan.
- This movie has given us clear picture of Veerappan life and his plans
- To watch the best documentary movie.
- To watch Ram Gopal Varma’s director with perfection.
This is a film that shows the real struggles the police and government faced to catch the bandit veerappan. This is one of those south indian movies that you won’t believe are true stories and one of the best tollywood movies released so far on true stories so watch it on Aha!